Overnight Chia Oat Pudding



Adapted from: Dearna Bond & Debbie AE

Serves: 5-6

Prep time: 10 minutes
Rest time: overnight

Ingredients:
2.5 cups (270 g) rolled oats
1/3 cup (60 g) chia seeds (black or white)
1.5 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp (35 g) honey or agave
1 L (32 fl oz) coconut milk (the kind you put on cereal-I use a coconut-almond blend)
Fresh blueberries, mango, dragonfruit
Dried coconut flakes/chips

Do you ever hyper-fixate on a particular food? Because this chia-oat overnight pudding is my current, going on three month, obsession. Thank goodness the blueberry season has been bountiful. I have eaten a patch's worth of berries in the last few months. 

This was first introduced to me by my aunt in Indonesia, so it was served with the freshest tropical fruit available. She made this up so impressively, I begged for a guided tour of her methods. When I used her recipe at home, it took a few tweaks to get it as close to her magic as possible. And for you, I gift this perfectly sweet concoction. 

I have adjusted the liquid/chia/oat ratio to maintain a balanced texture. The honey is not too sweet and the cinnamon is just the right seasoning. I would be keen to try it with rich canned coconut cream, so let me know in the comments how it goes if you try that first! 

Ingredients:
2.5 cups (270 g) rolled oats
1/3 cup (60 g) chia seeds (black or white)
1.5 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp (35 g) honey or agave
1 L (32 fl oz) coconut milk (the kind you put on cereal-I use a coconut-almond blend)
Fresh blueberries, mango, dragonfruit
Dried coconut flakes/chips

Directions:
1. In a large container (1.9 L / 8 cups) with a snap lid, add the oats, chia, cinnamon, honey, and coconut milk. Stir around until well mixed.

2. Cover the chia-oat pudding and store in the fridge overnight. 

3. Prior to serving, gently stir up the overnight oats before individually serving with fresh fruit and dried coconut. Store in the fridge for up to a week. 

Comments