Triple Almond Cookies



Adapted from: Andrea Surman

Serves: 14 cookies

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
3 cups almond meal
1/2 cup sugar, heaping
1.5 tsp almond extract
3 egg whites
1/2 - 1 cup flaked almond
1-2 tbsp icing sugar

One of my friends made these and I fell in love. They were a bit sweet, but delicious. When another friend made them, she halved the sugar. From there, I increased a bit of the almond extract to give it that yummy almond flavour. The result? This recipe! They are so yummy and filling. I accidentally ate so many when I made them (4), that I couldn't finish my dinner several hours later. Oops. No regrets. This cookie is delicious. 

Ingredients:
3 cups almond meal
1/2 cup sugar, heaping
1.5 tsp almond extract
3 egg whites
1/2 - 1 cup flaked almond
1-2 tbsp icing sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. 

2. In a medium bowl, mix the almond meal, sugar, almond extract, and egg whites

3. Form the dough into 14 balls, gently press them flat, and roll them in flaked almond before setting them on a lined baking sheet. 

4. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. 

5. Once cooled, sprinkle icing sugar on top of the cookies--there will be leftover. 

Comments